JDHS Athletics - Home of the Bulldogs!
New! Dayton Athletics Online Store!
Visit Jonathan Dayton High School on Schedule Star/BigTeams: http://jonathandaytonathletics.com/
- Congratulations to our Dayton girls basketball team on becoming the 2018 Union County Conference Valley division champions!
- Congratulations to Dayton girls basketball player, junior Sayre Brandstatter, for reaching 1000 career points during the NJSIAA N2G1 State Sectional tournament game on Monday, 2/26/18 vs. Roselle Park! Great job Sayre!
- Freshman, Patrick Phillips is a member of the co-op wrestling program with David Brearley HS. He took 2nd place in District 14 and moved region 4 tournament. The first round of Region 4 was this past Wednesday and he won his match 16-0! Patrick now enters the Quarterfinals on Friday night as the 5th seed. If Patrick places top four in the region he qualifies for the NJ state tournament in Atlantic City. Good luck Patrick!
- Congratulations to senior Evan Weinberg for taking 4th place in the NJSIAA Tournament of Champions! This is the second year in a row that he has made it to the stepladder competition of this tournament. What a great achievement - congrats Evan!
- Congratulations to our varsity bowling team for finishing 3rd in the state sectional tournament on Friday, Feb 2. Senior Evan Weinberg placed 4th as an individual and has advanced to the individual finals of the state tournament. This will take place on Tuesday, 2/14. Good luck to Evan!
- On Wednesday, 1/24, two of our bowlers competed in the Union County Individual Tournament at Jersey Lanes. Congratulations to senior bowler, Evan Weinberg, who captured the Championship Title for the Union County Individual tournament! Weinberg successfully defeated the defending champion from Roselle HS.
Congratulations to our girl's basketball captain, Amanda Lau, for reaching 1000 career points during the 2017 Joe Pepe Tournament on Friday, 12/29! Great job Amanda!
- Boys Lacrosse: Any students that are interested in Lacrosse this Spring should attend the interest meeting on Monday, February 12th immediately after school in the health room.
- Boys Tennis: Any students that are interested in Tennis this Spring should attend the interest meeting on Friday, February 2nd immediately after school in room G1.
- Baseball: Any students that are interested in Baseball this Spring should attend the interest meeting on Tuesday, February 27th immediately after school in the Health Room.
- Golf: Any students that are interested in Golf this Spring should attend the interest meeting on Friday, February 2nd immediately after school in room G3.
- Spring Track: Any students that are interested in Spring Track and Field should attend the interest meeting on Thursday, January 25th immediately after school at 2:40. Any boys interested should meet in Coach Van Deursen's room, room 220, and any girls interested should meet in Coach Balletto's room, room 217. Bring your laptop or phone for the survey.
**Attention Dayton Athletes**
Click the link below for information to register for Winter sports...
Information on Registering for Sports
Message from the nurse...
Mrs. Graham RN, email@example.com, Ext. 5258
**Attention Spring 2018 Athletes**
Please note on Wednesday, February 7th between the hours of 8:30am-11:30am, our school physician will be at JDHS (health office) conducting sport physicals.
All athletes playing a Spring sport must have a current physical on file with the Health office to be eligible to participate in the desired sport. The sports physical is valid for 365 days prior to the first practice.
Should you have questions regarding your physical, please contact the school nurse, Mrs. Graham RN.
<<< REGISTER NOW! >>>
Head Injury Information Athletics Forms
Football - Varsity & Frosh
*Admission to Varsity football is $3.00 for Adults and $2.00 for Seniors/Students.
Boys Soccer - Varsity, JV & Frosh
Girls Soccer - Varsity & JV
Cross Country - Boys & Girls, Varsity
Volleyball - Varsity & JV
Gymnastics - Varsity
Cheerleading - Varsity
Girls Tennis - Varsity & JV
Basketball - Boys Varsity, JV & Frosh
Basketball - Girls Varsity, JV & Frosh
*Admission to Basketball games is $3.00 for Adults and $2.00 for Seniors/Students.
Indoor Track and Field - Boys & Girls Varsity
Swimming - Varsity
Ice Hockey - Varsity
Cheerleading - Varsity & JV
Wrestling - [co-op David Brearley HS]
Baseball - Varsity & JV
Softball - Varsity & JV
Girls Spring Track - Varsity & JV
Boys Spring Track - Varsity & JV
Boys Tennis - Varsity & JV
Golf - Varsity
The Jonathan Dayton High School athletic program is an essential part of the overall educational experience and is as central to the development of students as academics and the arts. Participation in a broad, sound and wholesome athletic program contributes to the health of students mental, physical, emotional and moral. The JDHS athletic programs provide opportunity for students to work cooperatively with each other and participate in healthy competition. Membership on a team comes with certain obligations and responsibilities both in and out of the classroom. Student-athletes are the ambassadors of the program, school and community and are expected to exhibit exemplary conduct at all times. Participation in our athletic programs is a privilege and thus must be treated as such.
It is the hope that as a player you will enjoy the thrill of competition and the joy of team membership. May the JDHS athletic experience be the beginning of a healthy interest in sports that will last a life time.