We continuosly update scholarship opportunities! Please visit regularly for important information, or see your guidance counselor to receive immediate, up-to-date scholarship data.
Scholarship Bulletins for the 2018 - 2019 School Year:
Click here to view: Scholarships Offered by Local Individuals and Organizations through Jonathan Dayton High School
Click here to view: Jonathan Dayton High School Scholarship Application
Listed below are some monetary Local Scholarships which may require an additional application to be completed by the student. Applications are available in Guidance Office or by clicking the links below. Please visit the Guidance Office for more information, and bring all completed applications to Guidance as soon as possible. DEADLINES ARE MAY 1, 2019
- The Dr. Jack J Zuber Scholarship
The scholarship is presented to a senior who is graduating from Jonathan Dayton High School. Applicants must be interested in Dental Assisting or Dental Hygiene as a career. The essay that is part of the application process is the primary criteria for selection for this award.
- The Kaesshaefer/Jonathan Dayton Lacrosse Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded by the Dayton Lacrosse Booster Club and is named for the Kaesshaefer family for their continued persistence to introduce lacrosse to a new generation of youth in Springfield and to bring the sport to Jonathan Dayton High School.
- The Springfield Policemen’s Benevolent Association “Spirit of 76” Scholarship
The Springfield Policemen’s Benevolent Association “Spirit of 76” Scholarship is awarded to a graduating Jonathan Dayton High School student who has an interest in Criminal Justice/Law.
- The Gene & Louie Del Mauro Kind Heart Scholarship is available to graduating seniors who provide a short essay describing evidence of an act of kindness in their community.
- Bulldog Gridiron Club Scholarship Have you played football for Jonathan Dayton HS for four years? Student needs to provide a short essay to be considered for this scholarship.
- The Fredric Hecht Memorial Scholarship is presented to a graduating senior who is planning to be a healthcare provider. An essay is required from the applicant.
- The Bertram Kaswiner Scholarship is presented to a graduating senior planning to pursue a career in dentistry or medicine. This monetary award requires a short essay.
- The Brian M. McNany Memorial Scholarship is a monetary award offered to a graduating senior who has played JDHS sports and/or has participated in community service programs. An essay is required.
- Springfield NJ Baseball League This scholarship is awarded to a senior based on an essay describing what Springfield Baseball has meant to them through high school and who has played for four years on the Springfield NJ Baseball League recreation program.
- First Presbyterian Church of Springfield This scholarship is awarded to a graduating student based on an essay expressing the importance of community service and describing service they have performed.
- The Jerry Rabinowitz Memorial Scholarship A scholarship will be awarded annually to a graduating senior who intends to pursue a career in the medical field, actively participates in the Medical Careers Club and is taking one or more AP science courses. Dr. Jerry Rabinowitz was a 1969 graduate of Jonathan Dayton Regional High School. He died in the massacre at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh on October 27, 2018.
Please click here to look for other scholarship opportunities, for colleges, which are offered outside Jonathan Dayton High School.