The Springfield Public Schools will be requiring all students to re-register for the upcoming 2016-17 school year. In an effort to expedite the process, fillable district forms can be located on the district website. These forms are similar to Infosnap, but are not a substitute for Infosnap. Both are required, although only the re-registration form must be completed, printed and brought to your child's school or any school for each child. All completed forms and proof of residency (see below) can be turned in during regular business hours at your child’s school beginning now, and must be received no later then the day prior to the 1st day of school.
Regular business hours are as follows –
Walton Elementary School – Monday thru Thursday, August 1st thru August 25th , 8 AM–4 PM
Gaudineer Middle School – Monday thru Thursday, August 1st thru August 25th, 8 AM–4 PM
Jonathan Dayton High School – Monday thru Thursday, August 1st thru 25th, 8 AM–4 PM
All Offices are closed for lunch between 12:00PM and 1:00PM
Beginning August 29th through August 31st, all schools open 8 am-3 pm.
Caldwell Elementary School – Thursday thru Wednesday, August 25th thru August31st, 8 AM–3 PM, Friday, August 26th, 8 AM –12 PM (Can register earlier at any of the other schools)
Sandmeier Elementary School – Thursday thru Wednesday, August 25th thru August 31st, 8 AM–3 PMFriday, August 26th, 8 AM –12 PM (Can register earlier at any of the other schools)
In addition, we have scheduled 4 evenings – (one location) Gaudineer Middle School
Tuesday & Wednesday, August 23rd & August 24th: 5 PM–7:30 PM, Tuesday & Wednesday, August 30th & August 31st: 5 PM–7:30 PM
FORMS OF DOCUMENTATION FOR PROOF OF RESIDENCY
The following forms of documentation may demonstrate a student’s eligibility for enrollment in the district. Particular documentation necessary to demonstrate eligibility under specific provisions in law will be indicated in the appropriate section of the registration form.
- Property tax bills, deeds, contracts of sale, leases, mortgages, signed letters from landlords and other evidence of property ownership, tenancy or residency.
- Voter registrations, licenses, permits, financial account information, utility bills, delivery receipts, and other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location
- Court orders, State agency agreements and other evidence of court or agency placements or directives
- Receipts, bills, cancelled checks and other evidence of expenditures demonstrating personal attachment to a particular location, or, where applicable, to support of the student
- Medical reports, counselor or social worker assessments, employment documents, benefit statements, and other evidence of circumstances demonstrating, where applicable, family or economic hardship, or temporary residency
- Affidavits, certifications and sworn attestations pertaining to statutory criteria for school attendance, from the parent, legal guardian, person keeping an “affidavit student,” adult student, person(s) with whom a family is living, or others as appropriate
- Documents pertaining to military status and assignment
- Any business record or document issued by a governmental entity
- Any other form of documentation relevant to demonstrating entitlement to attend school
The totality of information and documentation you offer will be considered in evaluating an application, and, unless expressly required by law, the student will not be denied enrollment based on your inability to provide certain form(s) of documentation where other acceptable evidence is presented.
You will not be asked for any information or document protected from disclosure by law, or pertaining to criteria which are not legitimate based for determining eligibility to attend school. You may voluntarily disclose any document or information you believe will help establish that the student meets the requirements of law for entitlement to attend school in the district, but we may not, directly or indirectly, require or request:
- Income tax returns
- Documentation or information relating to citizenship or immigration/visa status, unless the student holds or is applying for an F-1 visa
- Documentation or information relating to compliance with local housing ordinances or conditions of tenancy Social security numbers
Please be aware that any initial determination of the student’s eligibility to attend school in this district is subject to more thorough review and subsequent re-evaluation, and that tuition may be addressed in the event that an initially admitted student is later found ineligible. If your student is found ineligible, now or later, you will be provided the reasons for our decision and instructions on how to appeal.
As a reminder, please bring a copy of your child's birth certificate or other proof of age.
Click here for the fillable Registration Form 2016-2017