Schedules can be obtained by going to Schedule Star.
Goals for the Season
- Emphasize solid fundamental training – efficient and effective practices
- Swim intensely and for a purpose
- Compete against teams who are where we want to be
- Develop a stronger knowledge of the sport
As a coach, I plan to coach swimming so that it focuses on teamwork, builds self-confidence, develops lifelong healthy habits, and strives for excellence.
I both trust and respect the athletes that chose to swim for me. I know it is my role to demonstrate these qualities, so that the team will learn to trust and respect teach other to reach our goals. I will not tolerate actions and attitudes that are counterproductive and destructive to our development.
Listed below are a few of those behaviors I consider to be intolerable.
- Excessive negativity (towards the team or oneself)
- Excessive sarcasm
- Disrespect towards teammate and coaches
- Poor sportsmanship (towards teammates or other teams)
- Superior attitude
- Defeated attitude
- Unwilling to adjust or change ineffective and inefficient techniques
As a part of a team, swimmers have responsibilities not only to themselves, but also their teammates.
- I value the academics; therefore I expect my swimmers to be successful student-athletes.
- Communication is a must both in and out of the water.
- Conduct: Swimmers are expected to display good sportsmanship in every setting (practice, home and away meets, bus, entering and leaving facilities, etc.) especially when wearing Dayton attire.
- Practice is every day, unless a meet is scheduled.
- All practices are held at the Tokash Aquatics Center in Warren, NJ.
- Bus transportation picks up swimmers from both David Brearly and Jonathan Dayton.
- All student athletes are encouraged to bring water to practice.
- Appropriate bathing suit is to be worn for practice (no T-shirts or shorts allowed in the water).
- **Swimmers must come to practice prepared = Bathing Suit, Cap, Goggles, Towel, Athletic Clothing (T-shirt, Shorts, Socks, Sneakers)**
- If you miss practice the day before a meet, you will not swim in the meet, the next day.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” –Aristotle.
Unacceptable behaviors include:
- Leaving early
- Sitting out any time during practice
- Talking while the coach is instructing or a teammate is speaking
- Uncooperative behavior in or out of the water
- All home meets will be held at Tokash Aquatics Center in Warren, NJ.
- You are expected to attend every meet, no exceptions.
- If a swimmer fails to support the team during a meet they are required to sit, he or she will sit for the next two meets.
- If a swimmer needs to visit the trainer, that is to be done prior to the start of the meet, this includes away meets.
- Swimmers will not swim if they are not in full swimming attire.
- No jewelry is allowed on pool deck.