The mission of the Thelma L. Sandmeier School is to provide a safe, challenging, and supportive learning environment that meets the academic and social needs of every child. We foster the development of good character and a passion for lifelong learning so that our children become responsible, caring citizens who contribute to a global society.
We believe in…
- providing a common core of learning that empowers our children with knowledge, skills, and understanding to make a positive contribution to the global society.
- developing an understanding of the responsibility of being involved citizens of a school, community, state, country, and the world.
- giving our students a variety of opportunities to be exposed to diverse experiences that enrich and extend the intermediate elementary school program.
- maintaining an effective system of communication and collaboration between all members of the school community and the community at large.
- supporting a well qualified staff that engages in ongoing professional development which incorporates best practices to meet the diverse needs of all students.
- incorporating a variety of assessments utilized on an ongoing basis to monitor both school progress and individual student progress in achieving the core content standards.