The NJSIAA shared the following update that was announced by Governor Murphy on Friday, February 12, 2021, Executive Order 220 (EO 220) regarding policies involving spectators during the Winter Season.
Summary of Governor Murphy's announcement:·
- Effective immediately, 2 parents or guardians per participating varsity senior athlete, may attend interscholastic events conducted in the main gym.
- The indoor gathering limit of up to 35% capacity, which may not exceed 150 persons, remains in effect – which continues to be inclusive of all coaches, players, officials, and now spectators.
- School districts have discretion to be more restrictive with their own facilities and flexibility to implement a spectator policy when they deem appropriate.·
- Compliance with all NJ DOH guidelines for sports activities must be followed, which includes, but is not limited to, required face coverings, social distancing at all times, proper hand hygiene, etc.
Following our School’s athletic procedures put in place during the fall season, the following protocols will be followed regarding spectators at home games:
GAME DAY PROCEDURES
- Only 2 Jonathan Dayton senior parents/guardians per student-athlete are permitted to attend HOME games conducted in the Main Gym.
- Parents must submit their names and email addresses to the Jonathan Dayton athletic department prior to attending an athletic contest.
- Parents may NOT designate a substitute attendee if they are unable to attend.
- Home Team spectators will be required to complete an Electronic Daily Covid Questionnaire as well as submit to a temp check upon arrival to Jonathan Dayton High School every time they attend a HOME game.
- The electronic COVID questionnaire will be open from 8am-1pm daily, it can be found here: COVID Questionnaire. You will receive an email receipt verifying your submission of the questionnaire.
- No tickets will be sold at the door. Your completion of the COVID Questionnaire will serve as your ticket.
- Admittance to the Main Gym will begin 15 minutes prior to the start of the athletic contest.
- Spectators failing to complete the COVID Questionnaire within the specified times will be denied access into Jonathan Dayton High School on the day of the athletic contest.
- Seating is indicated with a blue dot and seats will be available on the top row of the bleachers across from the teams. One person per blue dot.
- All spectators must remain seated during the athletic contest and may not vacate their seats during the athletic contest.
- Spectators must vacate the Main Gym immediately following the conclusion of the athletic contest exiting the gym by the concession area and proceeding to the exit doors to the parking area.
- As a 3rd party vendor, The Developmental Learning Center, USA, and Warinanco may require additional forms to be completed before spectators are allowed to enter the facility
No spectators from visiting teams will be allowed at any Jonathan Dayton Home Games conducted in the Main Gym. Visiting teams/coaches will continue to be temp checked and screened by their home school prior to arrival at Jonathan Dayton High School.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please reach out to the Jonathan Dayton Athletic Department at ext. 5232. The health and safety of our student-athletes remain our top priority.
Thank you for your support of our athletes and programs.
Springfield Public Schools