May 13, 2021
Dear Springfield Community,
Springfield Public Schools and the Township of Springfield, in partnership with Rite Aid, are excited to announce a free COVID-19 vaccination clinic for residents of Springfield and employees of Springfield Public Schools. This clinic will offer the Pfizer vaccine to all residents ages 12 and older on-site at Jonathan Dayton High School.
The first dose of the Pfizer vaccine will be offered on Friday, May 21, 2021, and the second dose will be offered on Friday, June 11, 2021. Appointments will be available at the Main Gymnasium located at Jonathan Dayton High School between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on those dates. Registrants must be able to attend on both dates, as the vaccine requires two shots 21 days apart.
To register, go to https://tinyurl.com/uakprmjs to make an appointment by selecting May 21 to see available appointments. Note that after registering for your first appointment, you will automatically be registered for the second appointment, which will take place at the same time on the 11th of June. Appointments will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
You will receive a confirmation email shortly after completing your registration. Please note you are required to complete and print the Rite Aid COVID Vaccine Consent form found here https://tinyurl.com/ndhs8btc ahead of your vaccination appointment. You will also need to bring the following to your appointment:
- Photocopy of your state driver's license or state ID card,
- Photocopy of your medical insurance card,
- Photocopy of your prescription insurance card, and
- If applicable, photocopy of your Medicare card.
Note: It is essential that you come prepared with photocopies, not your original cards, as they will be collected by Rite Aid and not returned to you. If you do not have health insurance, please just let the pharmacist know. There is no cost to receive the vaccine, regardless of insurance coverage.
Only individuals and their identified parent/guardian will be allowed in the building for the identified appointment time. All individuals will be required to follow health and safety guidelines:
- Face masks are required.
- Social distancing rules will be enforced at all times.
- Individuals are required to complete a pre-screening questionnaire by going to https://tinyurl.com/yj6c7wte the morning of your May 21st and June 11th appointments before arriving at Jonathan Dayton High School. You will also have your temperature taken as part of the screening when you arrive at Jonathan Dayton High School.
- If you are in isolation, quarantine, or are experiencing any signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please cancel your appointment so that is available for other eligible community members.
If you have any questions about this clinic, please do not hesitate to reach out to either Dana Kelly, Director of Human Resources email@example.com or Matthew Clarke, BA firstname.lastname@example.org.