November 18, 2020
Dear Springfield Public Schools Community:
This letter is to inform you that an individual at Florence M. Gaudineer Middle School has tested positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Springfield Public Schools is coordinating closely with public health officials and following CDC, state, and local health department guidance in order to assure the health and safety of our community. Those impacted have been notified by district administration, under the direction of local health officials. For reasons of privacy, we will not be providing additional details.
FMG will continue with a hybrid schedule on Thursday, November 19 and Friday, November 20, 2020. The school will continue to take precautions to prevent the introduction and spread of viruses and other germs and is cleaning frequently touched surfaces daily.
We understand the level of concern regarding COVID-19. We encourage parents and students to continue following the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention promoted safeguards, such as:
• Staying home when you are sick;
• Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
• Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
• Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils; •Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
• Wearing a face covering while in school; and
• Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
I will continue to remain in daily contact with our health officials as we closely monitor the situation. For additional resources please visit our website www.springfieldschools.com under QUICK LINKS see COVID19-Updates.
As always, we appreciate our community’s support and cooperation in providing a safe and secure environment.
Rachel Goldberg, Superintendent